Current D Custom content marketing job openings
We’re looking for savvy marketers, designers, writers, and programmers to help us tell our clients’ stories. Want to be a part of D Custom’s dynamic team? Send us your resume at email@example.com.
Multimedia Managing Editor
Do you have the skill of a storyteller and the efficiency of an editor on deadline? D Custom, a Dallas-based content agency, is hiring a managing editor to oversee daily multimedia editorial operations. Join a close-knit team of creative professionals responsible for producing award-winning digital and print content. We’re looking for a seasoned managing editor who is able to:
- Write, edit and copy edit with the tenacity of a true wordsmith.
- Easily adapt to client voice, tone, and style.
- Edit content all the way from assignment to production.
- Rapidly switch from print to digital to social to video channels and back again.
- Wrangle a team of freelancers.
- Collaborate on deadlines and workflow with multiple departments.
This job is an exciting opportunity that merges brand journalism, content marketing, and best editorial practices. The topics covered are as diverse as the job’s duties. Whether it’s petcare or personal finance, our content must be creative, accurate, and strategic. Additionally, the managing editor will be responsible for overseeing fact-checking and quality-control measures.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant editing experience. Excellent client-facing communication skills required. Must be proficient in AP Style and Adobe InCopy/InDesign.
Send a cover letter and résumé to Catherine Adcock, Director of Content Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Minimum of 2 years experience at an interactive agency.
Current with web technologies and advanced media solutions, particularly pertaining to the digital media sector.
B.A. or B.S. in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
Advanced knowledge of the WordPress platform and the ability to develop custom themes.
Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
Understanding of responsive development.
A firm grasp of SEO/SEM best practices.
Experience with creating sitemaps and wireframes.
Basic understanding of PHP.
Willingness to learn latest web technologies.
Knowledge of Version Control Systems.
Commitment to and experience in standards-based development, including accessibility standards.
Effective team player who can also work independently.
Effective communication, organizational, and motivational skills.
Ability to work collaboratively with cross-departmental and interdisciplinary teams.
Applicants should send a link to their github repo, portfolio or related work to Kyle Phelps, Director of Design, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Digital, Multimedia, & Animation Designer
D Custom is looking for a knock-your-socks-off digital/multimedia designer for either full-time contract work, or a full-time position with our agency. Candidates must have experience in creating the overall look and feel of a wide range of interactive communication products using text, data, graphics, sound, animation and other digital and visual effects. This position may work on projects from concept to completion, such as internet sites, videos, commercials, post-production effects, motion graphics, electronic games, online learning materials, interactive touch screen design, web or television assets. 3D rendering expertise is necessity. Must have experience in digital design for websites, iPad/tablet and smartphone apps, online webisodes, display advertising, touch screen kiosks and any other screen-based media.
- Candidates must be based in Dallas, as the position entails working in the office and remotely at times (flexible workplace).
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience with current tools of the trade.
- Up-to-date equipment to support working remotely or work from home.
Technical skills/Technology Examples include:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Apple Keynote
- Multimedia optimized for web use
- Interactive design working with programmers
Other software/skill examples:
- Expert-level skills with Maya
- 3-D Studio Max
- CAD experience or SolidWorks models
- Final Cut Studio/Premiere
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- Strong knowledge of visual and sound mapping, and/or tools like After Effects
- Video editing technologies
- ActionScript 3
This position must be able to source templates, combine templates and other visuals, create visual effect, integrate multimedia assets seamlessly, and be able to work well with developers/programmers. Candidates should be able to communicate with team members and clients in the design of digital assets for any purpose and platform, including but not limited to websites, apps, mobile sites, eDMs, and display banners. The right candidate must possess great teaming skills and polished personal presentation suitable for client meetings. Apply only if you are:
- A highly creative talent
- Strong with a variety of design software
- Great at working collaboratively on a team
- Able to work well under pressure
- Focused on meeting deadlines
Please send your résumé to Kyle Phelps, Director of Design, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.