Current D Custom content marketing job openings
We’re looking for savvy marketers, designers, writers, and programmers to help us tell our clients’ stories. Want to be a part of D Custom’s dynamic team? Send us your resume at email@example.com.
Account Service Manager
D Custom is hiring an Account Service Manager to manage and grow existing customer accounts. The ASM serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for excellent customer service and overall client satisfaction. The ASM acts on behalf of our clients, representing their needs and goals to the internal creative team to ensure quality. In addition, the ASM will build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities.
- Responsible for implementing client strategy and effectively working with the internal team to meet client objectives and timelines.
- Communicates the client’s goals and represents the client’s interests to the team.
- Provides regular two-way communication between the client and team, to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
- Manages all client communications, conflict resolution, and adherence to client deliverables according to scope of work.
- Reviews all major deliverables to ensure quality standards and client expectations are met.
- This position will also be responsible for maintaining client workflow and adhering to process while ensuring brand standards are met and projects are profitable.
- Works closely with the project team to maintain a continuous knowledge of project status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the project.
- Ensures that client issues are dealt with in an efficient manner, informing the director of client solutions of any problems that may arise.
- Assists the director with the contract and contract renewals.
- Approves change orders and invoices.
- Is aware of and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business, involving the director.
- Understands company capabilities and services, and effectively communicates all offerings to the client.
- Reports to the director, providing regular input on all account activity, including status and reports on a weekly basis.
- Tactical project management expertise and a high capacity for multi-tasking
- Minimum 3-7 years of account/project management experience (agency experience preferred) of external client relationships
- Ability to develop a strong rapport with designated client contact as well as grow and develop other relationships within the account
- Digital marketing experience (Content marketing experience preferred)
- Extremely detail oriented, self-starter, goal oriented, persistent and a problem solver
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
Please send resume to Cory Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Do you mock poorly kerned type or bad user experiences? Are you willing to push yourself beyond your creative limits. D Custom, an award-winning Dallas-based content marketing agency, is hiring a graphic designer to grow its design team. As a member of the D Custom design team, you’ll be working in a fast-turn environment where collaboration is essential to your success. It is very much a people-oriented job, involving the development of concepts for multiple design projects and an extremely diverse B2B and B2C client list.
- Be self-motivated, accountable and detail-oriented
- Support the Creative Director with development of custom publications, websites, marketing collateral, photoshoots, and video direction.
- Manage digital production of websites.
- Collaborate with editorial and strategy team to ensure creative is on target.
- Be able to effectively communicate ideas to team and present them to the client.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts or related field.
- 2-3 agency experience.
- Strong print and digital design skills reflected in portfolio or website.
- Keen eye for typography, layout, color, and photography.
- Ability to think on your feet in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time well.
- Positive attitude and proactive, strategic thinker.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and skills.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign.
Please send resume to Kyle Phelps at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Operations and Finance Administrator – D Custom
The Operations and Finance Manager reports to the General Manager and works with the entire agency team in directing and coordinating agency operations relating to all client projects from inception through final billing. This position requires on-going and in-depth interactions with all agency departments in order to monitor sound, proper and timely execution of all assigned work. The Operations and Finance Manager will work with the Account Management team to understand the scope of project work, schedules, and expense budgets to prepare a framework for planning workflow for each project. This role will also oversee a large portion of the agency billing procedures, and will work closely with the Company’s accounting department to
- Assign tasks and check the statuses of outstanding tasks.
- Assess team items/tasks assigned and due for the next day, week, or month and identify potential issues or roadblocks
- Maintain on-going overview of comprehensive agency workload
- Initiate new jobs for the client and create timelines, budgets and tasks for the work to be done (future planning)
- Assist in writing of Project Briefs and Statements of Work
- Review timelines and project requirements with the Account Service teams, and work to get client approval
- Assist in management of vendor invoice process and aging
- Assist Account Service team with the creation of P&L statements at the outset of a project
- Administrative tasks and double checks of accounting details for financial month close
- Review of agency personnel timesheets for all employees to ensure completion and accuracy every week
- Preparation of internal financial, operating and analytical reports
Requirements and qualifications:
- Expert organizational skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Outstanding communication skills and comfort with communicating directly with all departments within the agency as well as billing contacts at client companies
- Ability to function well in a fast paced (sometimes chaotic) environment under tight deadlines
- High competency with billing/accounting processes
- Proficient in Excel and able to creatively problem solve within Excel
- Willingness to learn various facets of agency environment and assist in variety of functions
- Prior experience managing project management software packages that track processes, agency workflow while generating status and financial reports. Hands on experience using the Workamajig Project Management software package is a plus.
Please send resume to Jas Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Multimedia Managing Editor
Do you have the skill of a storyteller and the efficiency of an editor on deadline? D Custom, a Dallas-based content agency, is hiring a managing editor to oversee daily multimedia editorial operations. Join a close-knit team of creative professionals responsible for producing award-winning digital and print content. We’re looking for a seasoned managing editor who is able to:
- Write, edit and copy edit with the tenacity of a true wordsmith.
- Easily adapt to client voice, tone, and style.
- Edit content all the way from assignment to production.
- Rapidly switch from print to digital to social to video channels and back again.
- Wrangle a team of freelancers.
- Collaborate on deadlines and workflow with multiple departments.
This job is an exciting opportunity that merges brand journalism, content marketing, and best editorial practices. The topics covered are as diverse as the job’s duties. Whether it’s petcare or personal finance, our content must be creative, accurate, and strategic. Additionally, the managing editor will be responsible for overseeing fact-checking and quality-control measures.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant editing experience. Excellent client-facing communication skills required. Must be proficient in AP Style and Adobe InCopy/InDesign.
Send a cover letter and résumé to Catherine Adcock, Director of Content Development, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.