Current D Custom content marketing job openings
We’re looking for savvy marketers, designers, writers, and programmers to help us tell our clients’ stories. Want to be a part of D Custom’s dynamic team? Send us your resume at email@example.com.
Director of Content Strategy
D Custom, a Dallas-based content marketing agency, is looking for a strategist who can maximize the potential of a great content team combined with our leading B2B and B2C client brands. This is a client-facing leadership position overseeing content marketing initiatives across multiple platforms to drive engagement, leads, sales, and positive customer behavior. The Director of Content Strategy will report to the President of D Custom and be an expert in all things related to high-value content, social media, metrics, and optimization.
Ultimately, the job of the Director of Content Strategy is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business on behalf of our clients. This includes:
- Ensuring all content is on-brand; consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice; and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content, including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print, and in-person.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- Developing functional content calendars.
- Working closely with editors and art directors and supervising a social media team; being an arbiter of best practices in content marketing, social media, messaging, writing, and style.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handling analytics (or supervising those who do) and making recommendations based on those results.
- Developing standards, systems, and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval, and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and executing a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implementing appropriate localization/translation strategies.
The Director of Content Strategy requires a combination marketing and publishing mindset, with the most important aspect being the ability to think “customer first.” Specific skills required include:
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language.
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist and a “nose” for the story. Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- Ability to create long-form content and real-time (immediate) content, as well as being well-versed in distribution strategies and tactics.
- Ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- A passion for new technology tools (aka, using the tools you preach about) and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach. Social DNA a plus!
- Ability to be articulate, particularly when explaining the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Incredible people skills.
- Fluency in web analytics tools, social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms (Radian6, etc.).
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation (PowerPoint).
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 7-10 years of experience as a respected leader in content marketing.
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
Multimedia Managing Editor
Do you have the skill of a storyteller and the efficiency of an editor on deadline? D Custom, a Dallas-based content agency, is hiring a managing editor to oversee daily multimedia editorial operations.
Join a close-knit team of creative professionals responsible for producing award-winning digital and print content. We’re looking for a seasoned managing editor who is able to:
- Write and edit with flair and finesse.
- Edit articles and content all the way from assignment to production.
- Copyedit with the tenacity of a true wordsmith.
- Manage a mountain of paperwork, deadlines, and meetings.
- Collaborate deadlines and workflow with multiple departments.
This job is an exciting opportunity that merges brand journalism, content marketing, and best editorial practices. The topics covered are as diverse as the job’s duties. Whether it’s petcare or personal finance, our content must be creative, accurate, and strategic. Additionally, the managing editor will be responsible for overseeing fact-checking and quality-control measures.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant editing experience. Excellent client-facing communication skills required. Must be proficient in AP Style, Word, and Adobe InCopy/InDesign.
Send a cover letter and résumé to Amy Robinson, Director of Editorial, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Minimum of 2 years experience at an interactive agency.
Current with web technologies and advanced media solutions, particularly pertaining to the digital media sector.
B.A. or B.S. in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
Advanced knowledge of the WordPress platform and the ability to develop custom themes.
Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
Understanding of responsive development.
A firm grasp of SEO/SEM best practices.
Experience with creating sitemaps and wireframes.
Basic understanding of PHP.
Willingness to learn latest web technologies.
Knowledge of Version Control Systems.
Commitment to and experience in standards-based development, including accessibility standards.
Effective team player who can also work independently.
Effective communication, organizational, and motivational skills.
Ability to work collaboratively with cross-departmental and interdisciplinary teams.
Applicants should send a link to their github repo, portfolio or related work to Kyle Phelps, Director of Design, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Digital, Multimedia, & Animation Designer
D Custom is looking for a knock-your-socks-off digital/multimedia designer for either full-time contract work, or a full-time position with our agency. Candidates must have experience in creating the overall look and feel of a wide range of interactive communication products using text, data, graphics, sound, animation and other digital and visual effects. This position may work on projects from concept to completion, such as internet sites, videos, commercials, post-production effects, motion graphics, electronic games, online learning materials, interactive touch screen design, web or television assets. 3D rendering expertise is necessity. Must have experience in digital design for websites, iPad/tablet and smartphone apps, online webisodes, display advertising, touch screen kiosks and any other screen-based media.
- Candidates must be based in Dallas, as the position entails working in the office and remotely at times (flexible workplace).
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience with current tools of the trade.
- Up-to-date equipment to support working remotely or work from home.
Technical skills/Technology Examples include:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Apple Keynote
- Multimedia optimized for web use
- Interactive design working with programmers
Other software/skill examples:
- Expert-level skills with Maya
- 3-D Studio Max
- CAD experience or SolidWorks models
- Final Cut Studio/Premiere
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- Strong knowledge of visual and sound mapping, and/or tools like After Effects
- Video editing technologies
- ActionScript 3
This position must be able to source templates, combine templates and other visuals, create visual effect, integrate multimedia assets seamlessly, and be able to work well with developers/programmers. Candidates should be able to communicate with team members and clients in the design of digital assets for any purpose and platform, including but not limited to websites, apps, mobile sites, eDMs, and display banners. The right candidate must possess great teaming skills and polished personal presentation suitable for client meetings. Apply only if you are:
- A highly creative talent
- Strong with a variety of design software
- Great at working collaboratively on a team
- Able to work well under pressure
- Focused on meeting deadlines
Please send your résumé to Kyle Phelps, Director of Design, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.