There has never been a better time to share good news — please join us in welcoming Ashley Carlisle to D Custom!
Ashley found her way to us by following her passion for creative storytelling through digital strategy and traditional publishing practices. While studying at the University of Florida, she found her calling to help others tell and share their stories while working at an academic publishing press. Today, she’s using her hands-on experience to serve our clients as our newest Account Supervisor and to help guide our team in telling the stories of brands through compelling narratives and dynamic channels.
Even though D Custom has been working remotely since her first day with us, Ashley has rocked this atypical start to a new job. In fact, we’ve all noticed the impact her preparedness, organization, and flexibility has already made on the agency.
As if you needed even more evidence as to why we love Ashley, here are a dozen cool facts about our new Account Supervisor:
1. As a South Florida native, she spent a good portion of her childhood in and around the ocean.
2. She’s been scuba diving since she was a teen, even though she has a thalassophobia (a fear of the sea).
3. An avid hiker and lover of nature, she’s visited dozens of national parks and wilderness areas across the world. The northwestern coast of Australia, the Julian Alps of Slovenia, and the Maule region of Chile are among her most memorable treks.
4 Working at Florida’s only academic press in college deepened her love and appreciation of traditional print publications and books.
5. Throughout college, Ashley fostered over a dozen newborn kittens for the local humane society before they found their fur-ever homes.
6. While studying art history at the University of Florida, Ashley found a passion for modern and post-modern art movements. She loves to play the “overrated, underrated” game whenever she goes to a museum. Before you ask, Mark Rothko is overrated, and Sebastião Salgado is underrated.
7. After settling in Dallas, she and her longtime boyfriend adopted a rescue pup, Jackie, who shares their love of running, the outdoors, and tacos.
8. Ashley has been shooting and printing film for over 10 years. She transformed her bathroom into a working darkroom, complete with an enlarger from the ‘90s which has been her most successful barter from a thrift store to date.
9. On the weekends, you can find her at the Dallas Museum of Art teaching kids of all ages about art-making techniques tied to the museum’s newest exhibit or a longstanding piece in the collection.
10. If she isn’t at spin class, you’ll find Ashley running the trails around Dallas before work every morning.
11. While she is inept at most sports, she’s placed among the top 15% of finishers for her age and gender group for the Miami and Dallas Half Marathons.
12. She listens to about 10-20 hours of podcasts a week and is always open to getting recommendations (or making a few, too).
Welcome to the team, Ashley!