D Custom has a new account supervisor on board. Welcome, Sara Bohne!
Sara is a Dallas native and a lover of people, process, and pasta. Her diverse background includes sales, loyalty marketing, customer acquisition, and account management in the retail and hospitality industries. She spent the last decade at Hilton Worldwide, where she became an original member of their in-house creative agency team.
By supporting Hilton’s portfolio of 17 unique brands, Sara discovered an innate passion for client services and creative operations. We’re thrilled that she’s bringing that passion to D Custom, where her strategic outlook, innovative thinking, and collaboration helps guide content creation and foster relationships with our clients.
Here are 12 neat things worth knowing about Sara:
1. Sara lives in Dallas, where she was born and raised. She moved to San Marcos to attend Texas State University, lived in Austin for a few years afterwards, but ultimately returned to her hometown roots.
2. She comes from a large Italian family. Every Sunday, she has traditional family dinners with her parents, siblings, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends they consider their cousins.
3. Speaking of Italian dinners, Sara’s absolute favorite food is pasta: linguine, farfalle, ziti, macaroni, you name it. She doesn’t discriminate. In fact, her dream job is to become one of the Pasta Grannies.
4. Sara loves to travel, especially with her husband, Grant. Her two favorite destinations (so far) are Sorrento, Italy, and Amsterdam.
5. She has two kids: her son Greyson and her daughter Stevie. (No, she’s not named after Stevie Nicks or Stevie Ray Vaughan, although Sara’s a fan both.)
6. Sara loves jam bands.
7. Sara and her husband went to the Austin City Limits Music Festival every year until their kids were born. They will resume the tradition once Greyson and Stevie are a bit older and can join the fun.
8. Sara once got stuck in a hotel stairwell with the drummer from Alice in Chains.
9. Her all-time favorite movies are Empire Records and Grumpier Old Men. 1995 was Sara’s year. According to her, Walter Matthau was the funniest actor of all time.
10. Sara loves doing Pilates, Lagree, and yoga exercises, but avoids running and cardio like the plague.
11. She and her husband once owned both a burger restaurant and a juice bar.
12. Sara has always been a bit of a crime fanatic and almost went to school for criminal psychology. Instead, she received her BBA in marketing and settled for true crime documentaries and podcasts.
Welcome to the team, Sara!