The Creative Director is charged with determining the best ways for D Custom to visually represent its clients, and our own brand. It is very much a people-oriented job, involving development of high-level concepts for multiple design projects and an extremely diverse B2B and B2C client list. It also involves working with internal and external clients, pitching designs, and understanding client needs. And most importantly mentoring and developing internal and external resources. This position will report to the President of the company.
- Supervise and inspire the creative process.
- Oversee the creative identity and content design for custom magazines, publications, websites, and other types of content and marketing communications.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion. Both as a manager and as a producer.
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance its brand strategy.
- Establish creative direction for everything from logos to inspired publications, websites and multimedia. Work with production and account services to ensure quality control over ALL concepts and projects.
- Work with the account team and copywriters to develop concepts and present to clients. Most creative assignments are team projects.
- Undergraduate degree in Fine Arts or related field or equivalent visual design and management experience required.
- At least 7 years management experience working with multiple clients and staff at an advertising, digital, or content marketing agency.
- A business mind that can handle interactive and print environments, sourcing, time keeping, budget constraints, project scope and overall running of a department.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of print & online communications as well as industry best practices.
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat required.
- Knowledge of publishing layouts, advertising graphics fundamentals, very strong typography skills, infographics use or creation & the possibilities for web and video. Will need the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to other designers and develop innovative graphics solutions.
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process.
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns.
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion.
- Experience with software such as Adobe Creative Suite, i.e. CS5, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, InCopy, Acrobat, as well as Microsoft Office Suite Powerpoint, etc, WordPress, and other web design tools. Rendering solutions and other animation tools would be useful, but not required.
- Ability to make evaluative judgments for online and offline projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Passion, integrity, and energy.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please send a resume and portfolio to [email protected]