Are you a grammar fanatic, typo terminator, and AP Stylebook aficionado? Do you enjoy working across clients and industries? D Custom is looking for a new freelance proofreader!
This detail-oriented person is a wizard at catching the miniscule errors that no one else would catch. They attentively adhere to client style guides, AP style, and the Merriam-Webster dictionary to ensure that no letter, hyphen, or apostrophe is out of place.
- Proofreading print and digital content for a wide range of clients.
- Working closely with the managing editor to turn edits around in a timely manner.
- Up to 20 hours per week.
The ideal person should be:
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications, InCopy, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Well-versed in AP Stylebook and Merriam-Webster.
- Able to learn, implement, and accommodate SEO best practices to proofing changes.
- Comfortable producing clean, publication-ready digital and print content for major companies.
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Detailed and organized.
- Prompt in communication.
Ideal candidates include those with part-time jobs or full-time freelancers who can work proofing projects into their weekly schedule. Please apply by emailing your resume, portfolio, and desired hourly rate to [email protected].