D Custom works a little differently from most agencies. Instead of hiring copywriters, we have managing editors who run our clients’ publications and act as the editors of our clients’ newsrooms. Our managing editors are the creative force behind our clients’ content strategies and editorial calendars; the creators of magazines, white papers, videos, podcasts, and much more; the glue that holds together teams of freelance writers, fact-checkers, and copyeditors; and the final word on style, substance, and Oxford commas. They have a microscopic eye for detail (is that a misplaced modifier?) and a telescopic view of the big picture. (Who are we talking to? Why does this audience care about this innovation in robotics? Will this robot one day take over the world?)
Our managing editors are:
- Adaptable to voice, tone, and style of multiple clients.
- Able to create content from conception to publication.
- Jugglers of tasks, deadlines, and platforms.
- Uncompromising on fact-checking, quality control, and copy perfection.
- Full of ideas.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of editing experience.
- Experience across print and digital platforms.
- Excellent client-facing communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe InCopy, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Familiarity with AP Stylebook.
- Organization and creativity with high attention to detail.
Please apply by sending a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to [email protected].