Exciting times at D Custom — we’ve hired a new creative director!
Parker Peterson brings a decade of agency experience to D Custom, and his passion for design and digital dates back to his childhood. Before joining our team, he led creative as art director for The Old State and PH Digital Labs/Pocket Hercules and co-founded Dreamers of Day. His experience has led him to work with noteworthy brands ranging from Microsoft to Mentos, garnering praise from Awwwards, The Best Designs, ADDY Awards, and more along the way.
An expert in design trends who always keeps a keen eye on strategy, Parker is all about asking the hard questions that allow a brand to push forward.
Here are a dozen other things worth noting about our cool new CD:
1. His alma mater is Iowa State University, where he received his BFA in graphic design and minored in advertising and digital media.
2. Before moving to Texas, he lived and launched his career in Minneapolis.
3. His favorite sports team is the Dallas Cowboys.
4. His award-winning résumé includes work for brands including Cisco, Live Nation, Lowe’s, Mentos, Microsoft, Nintendo, the PGA, and Topo Chico.
5. Out of everything, his favorite project was branding work for Harley-Davidson’s Riding Academy.
6. His favorite movie is The Dark Knight.
7. He used to be a powerlifter and compete in bench press competitions.
8. The best trip he’s ever taken was when he and his wife visited Amsterdam, Paris, and Rome.
9. If he could sit beside anyone on a 10-hour flight, he’d pick David Ogilvy.
10. Because he started working with computers at a young age, he’s wanted to become a designer since he was a kid …
11. … but says that if he wasn’t a creative director, he’d probably be a landscaper.
12. His favorite quote comes from Will Smith: “The separation of talent and skill is one of the greatest misunderstood concepts for people who are trying to excel, who have dreams, who want to do things. Talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft.”
Welcome to the team, Parker!
To learn more about who’s who at D Custom, check out our bios page.